Friday, October 1, 2010

Where did the summer go!!

It was a great summer in Santa Fe/Taos, NM. The weather was great and made some good friends! One of the best cities I have every visited! Not to big and or to small. I tried 45 different restrauants. My goal was never to go to the same place twice. When the green chillis came in, what a treat. The veggie omelets topped with green sauce is the best. I did not do a lot of riding, but I did improve upon my grilling skills. Grilled artichokes are the best! I worked for a great guy for a couple of weeks. Del runs a Pak Mail store in Santa Fe. A chance meeting in the Trader Joe's parking lot. The jokes were non stop. He let me do a couple of long distance runs, delivering furniture on the west coast, along with a trip down to Texas. Thanks Del.

Currently in Las Vegas, NV. Camped out behind the Green Valley Ranch Resort. They have a very nice pool. The sports bar offers cheaper drinks then the Elks. My friend Walt stayed for a couple of days with me. We had a great time during Interbike and attended Cross Vegas.


Which is a cycle cross race. Not the other Cross event. Scored some VIP tickets. Met and had my picture taken with my bike idol, “Ned Overend “ from Durango, CO.

Only 1 small crash during my stay here, it was on the first day. This is some tough riding, where you really need skills.


Working on my a camper I purchased a couple of weeks ago. My plans are to leave around the middle of November for the drive down the Baja coast then a ferry trip to Mexico. Continuing on to Costa Rica for the rest of the winter. If anyone wants to ride part of the trip, let me know.
I plan on traveling light in case things go really bad on the truck/camper. Salvage what I can and ride buses the rest of the way. My Spanish should get better or I will end up walking some of the trip. I am going to keep my blog going and updating much more then the last few months. Stay Brown!
This post is a couple of days late. I spent the last day in Hisperia, CA. getting service work. I had put this stuff off long enough. Finally found a small garage with a very keen mechanic. All service work done. Including the dreaded internal transmission filter. The guy was great. I spent less then I had expected and had more work done. Brown does have it’s privilages!
Should get to Santa Barbara today.

No comments:

Post a Comment